A unique way to celebrate a birthday or any special occasion! Play pirate, fence your friends, or both! Learn basic skills, fence, play. We supply all weapons and safety equipment. Call now to set one up!
We're offering two fencing camps this summer: A get-ready-for-competition camp for high school age fencers August 25th -- 28th, and a beginner & /intermediate camp from August 11th through the 15th. Call us now for details!
You can add HTML directly into this element to render on the page.
Just edit this element to add your own HTML.
Our experienced coaches can start you in fencing -- and make sure that you progress! We've worked with fencers from ages 5 to 85!
The Center will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We will reopen Monday, December 1st for our regular schedule.
We at the Staten Island Fencing Center wish all a happy and healthy holiday season.
2. If you are not fencing, keep your eyes open and your point down. Don't gesture with the weapon or carry it over your shoulder.
3. When fencing, wear proper fencing equipment at all times and always be ready to defend yourself.
4.Maintain your uniform and your weapons.
5. When you are not fencing, don't even cross weapons with anyone unless you are both wearing a mask. Don't point a weapon at anyone unless they are wearing a mask.
6. While fencing, if the referee, or an instructor, calls "Halt!" immediately stop fencing.
7. Do not walk between two fencers.
8.If you are carrying a weapon when you aren't fencing, hold it point downward in your non-dominant hand. 9. Bouts, pair exercises, and lessons begin with a salute and end with a salute and a handshake. Shake hands with the ungloved hand.